- Oversees and coordinates all aspects of the engineering and maintenance departments including associated services, related projects and activities to obtain optimum production, reliability and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment within defined scope, cost and time constraints.
- Develops plans and executes annual capital budget, assists with the assignment of resources and implementation of approved projects in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Manage and develop personnel assigned to the engineering and maintenance departments to assure completion of all duties required
- Create and drive operational excellence strategy and plans in order to support the Appleton plant in managing, controlling and improving performance.
- Functions as a key member of the Plant Operations Leadership team.
- Confer with management and production staff to discuss all project specifications and procedures.
- Foster a safety culture and the implementation of safety policies and training in compliance with the company safety program and OSHA regulations to eliminate work related injuries.
- Lead and integrate project teams to ensure successful completion of scope, schedule and resource goals of each project. Lead multiple projects utilizing best-practice project management processes.
- Identify project risks and opportunities and plan solutions.
- Manage execution of all related functional work through regular status reviews and eliminate barriers preventing progress.
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities.
- Manage project communications, including meetings, conference calls, weekly reports, and presentations.
- Manage project objectives, goals, timelines and day-to-day direction for team members.
- Responsible for controlling costs and performing all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Manage engineering controllable expense budget, including repair materials, utilities, and repair labor, as appropriate.
- Apply coaching and/or disciplinary actions in accordance with the labor contract, plant policies and established procedures.
- Work closely with Maintenance in order to incorporate maintenance best practices into engineering designs.
- Lead daily continuous improvements in all aspects of work, emphasizing problem solving and sharing with others.
- Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Assists with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions.
- Ensures that maintenance personnel are adequately trained, equipped, engaged and motivated so that all maintenance objectives and initiatives can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Ensures city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are met at all times.
- Manage maintenance controllable expense budget, including repair materials, utilities, and repair labor, as appropriate.
Required Prior Accomplishments - Experience - Skills
- Bachelors degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or related field with at least 5-7 years related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing sizable capital projects.
- Excellent project management skills (prioritization, problem solving, resource allocation, multitasking, business analytics).
- Previous supervisory or managerial experience preferred.
- Continuous improvement leader who can energize and empower others with a positive approach.
- Both practical and formal training in Six Sigma, Lean or other similar disciplines with a focus on driving cost reduction and performance improvement.
- Demonstrated experience in driving results in operations where measurable results have been obtained.
- Set and maintain high standards, achieve stretch goals and exceed expectations.
- Sense of urgency and ability to engage people in a positive manner to move outlined initiatives forward on an expected timeframe.
- Work effectively in ambiguous situations.
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to drive change throughout an organization.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed