- Provide leadership for a manufacturing operations department consisting of a thermal paper coater and related converting and processing equipment to achieve key plant results for safety, quality, and productivity.
- Schedule and develop the hourly workforce to achieve key results utilizing a team of salaried shift coordinators responsible for operational coverage and support of a continuous manufacturing operation.
- Gather, analyze, and present data and information summarizing key performance trends and implement actions to continuously improve results.
- Lead operations team safely and in an environmentally compliant manner.
- Maintain and improve manufacturing quality standards, methods, facilities, policies and procedures.
- Review all operating results, including quality, efficiencies and costs, determining appropriate actions to maintain favorable and correct unfavorable trends.
- Ensure operation of equipment by establishing and improving operational systems, evaluating new equipment and techniques, and working with internal and external resources as needed.
- Maintain operations staff results by providing clear objectives, coaching, counseling, providing corrective action, planning, monitoring and appraising job results. Provide clear development plans, monitor progress and provide a succession plan within the department.
- Achieve financial objectives by supporting operations and maintenance budgets, analyzing variances, compiling and studying costs and initiating corrective action. Coordinate annual capital plan with engineering and monitor progress.
Required Prior Accomplishments - Experience - Skills
- Bachelors degree in Manufacturing, Engineering.
- Manufacturing experience in progressively responsible positions.
- Ability to lead a team, make high risk operating decisions when needed, be well organized, and have the capability to prioritize.
- Demonstrated experience in driving results in operations where measurable results have been obtained.
- Set and maintain high standards, achieve stretch goals and exceed expectations.
- Sense of urgency and ability to engage people in a positive manner to move outlined initiatives forward.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed