- A basic understanding of paper manufacturing to include wet and dry end operations is preferred.
- 2-5 years demonstrated leadership experience preferably in a union manufacturing environment. Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- A technical background in paper manufacturing, industrial manufacturing, or a technical degree is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Capable of working in a flexible, often shifting/environment.
- Ability to work any shift (southern swing).
- Evidence of required management leadership competencies (Listening, Managing and Measuring Work, Managing Vision and Purpose, Developing Direct Reports and Others, Dealing with Ambiguity, Problem Solving/Decision Quality).
To be considered for employment, your application must be submitted online via the company website at www.appvion.com. Paper applications/resumes will not be accepted. No phone calls please. All offers of employment are contingent on a pre-employment physical, background check, and drug/alcohol screen. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.