- Responsible for the coordination of Design Team safety, quality, cost, delivery, and product lines throughout the production process.
- Responsible for the promotion of Design (High Performing Work Teams) within production setting for multiple assets.
- Lead safety improvement efforts within the Design Team (OSHA regulatory, incident investigations, progress)
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement around quality, service, cost, and people development
- Lead Design Team (High-Performing-Work-Teams) in establishing priorities and goal setting.
- Promote Lean initiatives (understand, schedule workshops, teach, audit)
- Coordinate Design Team training plan by coordinating needs, following through, and developing Leader/Mentors
- Coordinate “Glass Wall” process by discussing progress against key metrics, directing kaizen activities, and removing non-value added activities from the Design.
- Assist Leaders/Mentors in resolving conflict
- Communicate and direct the needs of the Design to Leader/Mentors
- Facilitate growth and development in Design Team by conducting reviews and giving recognition
- Monitor standard work practices (adherence, systematic upgrades)
- Interface with Research & Technology for trials, raw material changes and product development
- Interface with Scheduling and Planning departments on production schedule and service
- Facilitate complaint resolution with external customers
- Lead cross-functional teams & facilitate conflict resolution where appropriate; including management and union employees.
- Implement and execute cost reduction and value added opportunity initiatives.
- Conduct administrative tasks such as capital plan, budgeting, measurement, schedules, records, etc.
- Willing to perform on a flexible work schedule to assure that the ultimate needs of the Design are met
- Lead daily continuous improvement thinking and work habits among team members.
Required Prior Accomplishments - Experience - Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, paper science or other engineering disciplines preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Basic knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Coating and converting process knowledge a plus.
- Demonstration of excellent leadership, communication, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with cross-functional teams, customers, management and production personnel.
- Must be highly self-motivated, results and process driven, have a desire to learn, and be open minded.
- Demonstrated experience in employee involvement efforts.
- Manufacturing experience would be beneficial. (for external posting only)
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed