- Identify, analyze and execute logistics plans to ensure least cost, best quality and timely delivery of Appvion products to international and domestic customers and existing distribution facilities.
- Analyze business needs and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and reduce costs within international and domestic transportation/logistics.
- Proactively communicates with transportation team, customer service, distribution centers, MP&I, manufacturing and sales to ensure timely delivery of Appvion products.
- Implement and monitor global and domestic transportation strategy.
- Support global transportation operations and work with internal and external partners to gain approval and implement recommendations.
- Cultivate and maintain strong carrier/vendor relationships; Manage / negotiate carrier contracts.
- Expedite shipments in most cost efficient and effective manner.
- Ensure superior customer service and timely problem resolution.
- Support and execute efforts in driving key strategic projects related to business plan including the reporting of savings and performance of our international and domestic transportation and logistics initiatives.
- Generate management reports and maintain communications with outside plants, vendors and transportation companies.
- Extract and analyze data using Appvion’s data warehouse and business intelligence systems to assist in identifying cost savings opportunities, understand key cost drivers, and the development of business forecasts.
- Obtain industry information from carriers, networks and customers and answer questions from internal and external sources.
- Provide logistics support of supply-chain efficiencies to other company functions.
- Resolve problem shipments, resolve data integrity issues, assess supply chain concerns and effectively communicate with other departments.
Required Prior Accomplishments - Experience - Skills
- Minimum 3 years experience in Transportation or related field.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, planning and general business skills.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to others while building constructive relationships within and outside the organization. Team oriented work ethic with strong leadership skills.
- Ability to implement tools and processes that enhance decision quality and drive greater efficiencies at the least total cost to the business.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication. Spanish skills a plus. Project management skills required. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization, and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to self motivate, multi-task, work in and lead teams, and be adaptive within a fast-paced and changing environment under little supervision.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Operations management. 2-3 years experience in international/domestic transportation, logistics or supply chain field preferred.
- Knowledge of foreign tax implications a plus.
- Direct experience and knowledge of ocean, customs and export operations is required.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed