- Responsible for managing the entire Enterprise Risk Management process of the organization and reports results to senior management and the Board of Directors
- Serves as secretary to audit committee and interacts with senior management team.
- Using a risk based approach, execute audit plan to address assurance requirements for internal control over financial reporting as required under SOX, operational and compliance audits.
- Coordinate internal audit team members to create a master audit schedule and time budgets to ensure all required audit activities are sufficiently planned and to identify any resource constraints in order to meet the annual internal audit plan objectives.
- Accountable for audit plan execution by managing staff to ensure multiple and simultaneous projects are completed timely. Ensures all audits are properly planned, staffed, performed and completed timely.
- Review the work of staff and evaluates significant business processes e.g., IT general controls, inventory, procurement, long-lived assets, general ledger accounting, and otherwise financial reporting to ensure work papers meet internal audit standards and support audit findings and opinions.
- Prepares and reviews audit reports, evaluates audit findings, prepares and presents the results of audit work and recommendations to management.
- Keeps abreast of company policies and procedures, current developments in accounting and auditing professions, and changes in local, state, and federal laws, as applicable.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as assigned. Provided leadership and technical instruction to ensure compliance with controls important to financial reporting, safe guarding assets as required by SOX legislation.
- Provides guidance to other departments on the identification and documentation of required actions/policies, conformance tests and ongoing monitoring for compliance, and assessment of risk and control activities intrinsic to the administration of the SOX certification process.
- Monitors implementation strategies that remedy SOX deficiencies.
- Develops formal written reports to communicate audit results to management and makes recommendations, as appropriate.
- Participates in closure meetings with internal customers to agree on remediation action plan, as needed.
- May coordinate and facilitate work of external auditors during on-site visits.
- Responsible for the professional development of the audit team by providing challenging assignments, holding development discussions and constructing effective development plans.
- Provides timely performance feedback to audit team members. Serves as a coach to staff.
Required Prior Accomplishments - Experience - Skills
- 5+ years of experience, with at least 3 of those years gaining audit experience in either public accounting or internal audit.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or other business-related field. A CIA or CPA is highly desirable.
- Proven track record of process improvement and experience with financial systems and process change initiatives.
- Ability to provide sound business judgment, strategic thinking and broad financial and business perspective across the organization.
- Skilled communicator with excellent written and verbal skills. Ability to formally present and discuss audit plans, findings and recommendations to all levels of management and board of directors.
- Strong and engaging presence, inspiring a spirit of cooperation among all levels of employees.
- Ability to travel.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed