- Manage day-to-day outbound shipping process for domestic shipments; monitor dispatch times, manage available carrier capacity, and ensure customer orders are shipped on time.
- Manage carrier selection and load planning to achieve business goals of cost and service.
- Communicate in a positive, helpful and proactive can-do attitude with all internal and external customers.
- Perform transportation planning and inventory management duties to maximize truckload weights to the target average and minimize BSP’s
- Utilize the most cost effective carriers as directed by HQ Transportation
- Provide transportation planning for loads as needed, for assigned facilities.
- Contact carrier dispatch for commitment of shipment pick-up times
- Monitor disposition of orders scheduled for shipment and take action to ensure dispatch times and shipment deliveries are met
- Provide daily and monthly feedback to HQ Transportation to ensure our requirements are being met by our shipping carriers
- Enter and investigate transportation related BSP’s. Communicate with Thermal CMS team on new delivery dates.
- Daily communication with DC personnel to support on time shipment/delivery of all customer orders.
Required Prior Accomplishments - Experience - Skills
- Understanding and working knowledge of warehousing operations and distribution planning; 2+ years of experience in transportation planning preferred.
- Working knowledge of JDE, Microsoft Excel, and Word
- A self-motivated individual who applies innovative approaches while performing a variety of changing tasks
- Successful history of working in a fast paced environment
- Strong communicator with the ability to deal with outside transportation suppliers and all levels within the organization
- Embraces the “Appvion Way” of doing business and dealing with people.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed