- Develop, implement & sustain proactive regulatory information tracking programs to ensure Appvion’s finished products meet applicable domestic and international product safety and regulatory requirements.
- Provide guidance and direction to product development and manufacturing functions as it relates to regulatory, product safety and product stewardship requirements.
- Fulfill external customer product stewardship inquiries related to regulatory, product safety, environmental and sustainability aspects of finished products.
- Monitor domestic and international regulatory developments, communicate potential impacts and support development of action plans with value streams to address future requirements.
- Direct and coordinate the administration of all product related federal, state and local regulations, including review, interpretation and implementation of standards.
- Provide insight, innovative strategies and plans to product development teams in order to achieve regulatory compliance based upon product use.
- Maintain relationships with materials vendors in order to quickly gather regulatory information to ensure that both vendor raw materials and subsequent Appvion finished products are within applicable domestic and international regulations.
- Develop and maintain raw material vendor product stewardship database in order to efficiently complete due diligence activities when required.
- Measure, audit, and evaluate the effectiveness of Appvion regulatory, product safety and product stewardship programs.
- Actively follow proposed regulatory changes related to Appvion products and assess impacts of these changes to current and future products or processes.
- Develop and sustain internal regulatory/product stewardship stage gate review criteria for new or changing finished products.
- Develop and conduct employee regulatory or product safety/stewardship training to product development and manufacturing teams when applicable
- Manage the SDS authoring process for Appvion finished products.
- Practice daily continuous improvement in all aspects of work, emphasizing problem solving and sharing with others.
- Oversight over corporate sustainability efforts, including external efforts, major customer initiatives, and internal communications.
- Manage HQ Campus Environmental Management System
- Administer companywide SiteHawk Chemical Management System—SDS and research chemical inventory.
- Oversight over ISO14001 certification process, chemical labeling and external shipping, EPA Smartway, and corporate-wide carbon footprint calculations.
Required Prior Accomplishments - Experience - Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology or closely related technical science field.
- Preferred minimum of 1-3 years professional experience related to regulatory affairs, product safety, product stewardship or sustainability.
- Preferred experience with TSCA, REACH Registration, REACH SVHC, FDA Food Packaging, CPSC, PROP65, RoHS, DSL, NDSL, DOT, CONEG, EUTR, LACEY or other global regulatory and product safety regulations.
- Experienced in product development, scale up and manufacturing processes; ability relate these processes to regulatory, product safety or product stewardship principles
- High level of computer literacy, including data manipulation and database development.
- Evidence of leadership skills with the ability to influence and obtain results.
- Extremely strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed