- Work within the inventory planning and scheduling department to monitor daily orders, identify exceptions, and problem solve to reduce overall working capital levels and maintain service targets.
- Work closely with customer service, transportation, and the distribution network to solve inventory availability issues and meet the needs of our customers.
- Monitor inventory alerts and broken service promises on a daily basis. Work with the schedulers and plants to make date/quantity adjustments to meet customer order requirements.
- Use the Enterprise Resource Planning tool to make decisions around supply and demand, replenishments, safety stocks, and forecasts.
- Understand the plant and distribution center network to provide support to Sales, Customer Service, Scheduling, and Transportation.
- Use analytics tools, such as Business Intelligence, Microsoft Office, and SharePoint, to support daily decision making.
- Review production and delivery delays to initiate recovery methods in order to avoid affecting our customers.
- Process orders and trim cutsheets to maximize rewinder efficiencies and minimize yield loss.
- Identify and troubleshoot problems as well as implement changes for improvement.
Required Prior Accomplishments - Experience - Skills
- Must be a current full-time business student, pursing a Bachelors or Associates degree. A Supply Chain and Operations Management major is a plus.
- Must be able to work approximately 15-20 hours per week during the school year, and full time during the summer and school breaks.
- Junior student status preferred
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make effective decisions and accept ownership.
- Must have the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving, and organizational skills.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed