- Control, coordinate and administer the Company’s Accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain the credibility of accounting records, compile financial statements and management reports and disseminate financial results to other managers.
- Direct, coordinate, and communicate the efforts of the department staff in the process of recording, evaluating, and reporting upon the performance and efficiency of the manufacturing and support operations of the Appleton Plant.
- Maintains control over accounting transactions to ensure accurate and proper recording on the General Ledger.
- Supervises employees within the department and provides appropriate evaluation, support, and feedback when necessary to meet the department goals.
- Coordinates the actions of all Accounting personnel toward meeting deadlines on financial statements and management reports.
- Administers the completion of the Annual Operating Plan according to given instructions and deadlines.
- Provides financial reports to managers. Identifies problem areas and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Develops mill cost standards, measures actual results against those standards, and provides appropriate feedback to management.
- Prepares mid-month and monthly financial reports for other local and corporate management personnel.
- Interfaces regularly with other mill departments on any activities or information requests that may have an impact on that department.
- Administers department activities within budget guidelines.
- Stays informed of production changes in the Appleton Plant, and advises production on the cost impact.
- Reviews accounting systems for applicability and usefulness, and implements changes as needed.
- Protects the stated assets of the Appleton Plant through internal control procedures and programs.
- Performs other duties that will enhance the overall performance of the department.
- Lead daily continuous improvement thinking and work habits among team members.
Required Prior Accomplishments - Experience - Skills
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance or other related discipline required
- Extensive knowledge of financial and accounting principles, procedures, and techniques as well as basic knowledge of standard cost accounting procedures systems.
- Good knowledge of paper manufacturing operations preferred.
- Excellent communication and accounting skills.
- Good managerial, planning, organizational, and analytical skills. Must be able to work well under time constraints.
- Some travel is required.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed