- Identify and evaluate new and/or emerging technologies and products to help drive the growth of our thermal business domestically and internationally.
- Work closely with business unit leaders, sales leaders, customers, and internal technology leaders to identify and evaluate new technologies, joint development opportunities and/or collaborative partnership arrangements that have the potential to translate to new business or growth opportunities for Appvion’s thermal business.
- Identify new market or segment opportunities, both domestically and internationally, in which Appvion’s capabilities and competencies provide a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Work with internal and external partners to lead and qualify opportunities and prepare the business case that supports those initiatives to assist in determining potential commercial viability.
- Conduct analysis and provide recommendations related to emerging industry trends, expansion opportunities, competitive threats, and internal business performance improvements within the Thermal business unit.
- Develop timely, accurate and incisive data analysis and recommendations to be used in market assessment and strategic planning initiatives.
- Manage the activities and projects related to the identification and pursuit of new thermal business opportunities to support the development of thermal business unit strategy and overall company objectives.
- Collaborate with other departments for specifications, data gathering, testing, costing, and results sharing.
- Provide leadership and vision for the Thermal Growth team members. Build strong relationships within a matrix structure to ensure achievement of business objectives.
- Support thermal business development activities with both formal and ad-hoc analyses. Perform qualitative and quantitative analyses on companies, key drivers of industry and financial performance and market trends.
Required Prior Accomplishments - Experience - Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business, research or marketing required; MBA or advanced technical degree preferred.
- 10+ years of business leadership experience with increasing responsibility.
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities while flawlessly executing on driving deliverables throughout a project cycle.
- Possesses a demonstrated ability to lead people and inspire others to achieve exceptional results.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills along with the ability to make decisions quickly and effectively influence others.
- Passionate and assertive about promoting ideas and concepts that will move the Thermal business forward and rejecting ideas that have limited merit.
- Ability to drive collaboration across functions and departments.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed