- Manage the Appleton Plant maintenance function emphasizing safety, quality, efficiencies and yields.
- Oversee all aspects of preventative and predictive maintenance for the Appleton Plant.
- Coordinate maintenance activities of the Appleton Plant to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Create and drive operational excellence strategy and plans to manage, control and improve performance of the Appleton Plant.
- Organize and supervise the daily maintenance function including tools, equipment, facilities, and grounds while controlling related maintenance and labor costs.
- Foster a safety culture and the implementation of safety policies and training in compliance with the company safety program and OSHA regulations to eliminate work related injuries.
- Identify systems and procedures designed to improve operations. Make recommendations and implement new programs as needed.
- Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Review department activities and results, and drive Continuous Improvement activities as they relate to the plant and its processes.
- Communicate directly with the operations leadership to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Assists with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions.
- Oversees the maintenance and updating of all operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
- Ensures that maintenance personnel are adequately trained, equipped, engaged and motivated so that all maintenance objectives and initiatives can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Ensures city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are met at all times.
- Responsible for controlling costs and performing all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing maintenance staff.
- Manage maintenance controllable expense budget, including repair materials, utilities, and repair labor, as appropriate.
- Apply coaching and/or disciplinary actions in accordance with the labor contract, plant policies and established procedures.
Required Prior Accomplishments - Experience - Skills
- Bachelors degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or related field.
- Five to seven years in progressively responsible positions.
- Both practical and formal training in Six Sigma, Lean or other similar disciplines with a focus on driving cost reduction and performance improvement.
- Continuous improvement leader who can energize and empower others.
- Demonstrated experience in driving results in operations where measurable results have been obtained.
- Set and maintain high standards, achieve stretch goals and exceed expectations.
- Sense of urgency and ability to engage people in a positive manner to move outlined initiatives forward.
- Work effectively in ambiguous situations.
- Maintain positive approach and be an unwavering advocate of continuous improvement.
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to drive change throughout an organization.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed