- Assist with the development, implementation and sustainability of effective safety systems, processes and programs designed to minimize risk, maintain regulatory compliance, and reduce losses.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure continuity of established practices.
- Coordinate the manufacturing plant safety efforts and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, company policies and procedures.
- Support the company safety management system and data management systems.
- Drive employee participation and involvement in safety programs.
- Investigate and evaluate safety risks and report data trends to develop risk elimination/reduction efforts and strategies.
- Act as the Chemical Hygiene Officer responsible for monitoring and improving the chemical hygiene plan.
- Assist with the development of leading safety performance indicators and perform data analyses and reporting.
- Provide support to the incident evaluation process and perform causation trending analyses.
- Develop, implement and evaluate the effectiveness of company safety policies, procedures, and processes.
- Measure, audit, and evaluate the effectiveness of the company/site safety system.
- Actively monitor and interact with employees to promote safe performance outcomes.
- Oversee the coordination and performance of industrial hygiene functions.
- Assist with the administration of employee safety and health training and education (develop lesson plans, conduct training, and coordinate annual training schedules)
- Provide improvement recommendations for safety, health and security processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment to effectively minimize risks.
- Assist in the administration of OSHA regulations and applicable national consensus standards, including regulatory interpretation, and implementation of regulations and standards. Ensures timely and accurate reporting and recordkeeping.
- Provide safety and health support to high performance work teams.
- Develop and publish safety and health communications.
- Keep current with applicable safety regulations and best practices in safety and health management.
- Practice daily continuous improvement in all aspects of work, emphasizing problem solving and sharing with others.
- Maintain environmental compliance and responsible for ISO14001 Environmental management system
Required Prior Accomplishments - Experience - Skills
- BS in Environmental, Health, and Safety or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to build teams and work in a team environment
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating safety and health processes and programs.
- Self directed with strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize as needed.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to interact with all levels of management and hourly personnel.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to achieve results.
- Proficient in the use of computer software (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Practical experience with the use of safety data management systems preferred.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed