- Maintains buildings and grounds within scope to company standards and guidelines.
- Performs all Carpentry shop work to internal customer’s expectations.
- Effectively troubleshoot and solve facility issues while working with cross functional teams (Operations, Engineering, and Maintenance)
- Act as a positive role model and team member representing Maintenance in the plant.
- Successfully addresses all requests for wood construction and carpentry work; i.e. tables, cabinets, shelves, stairways, framing and finishing rooms, etc.
- Performs all concrete construction work in a satisfactory manner including pouring floors, bases, foundations, doorways, curbs, sewers, grouting, etc.
- Performs steel construction fabrication and erecting small steel buildings and offices to expectations.
- Cuts and welds steel for construction type work not requiring a certified welder. Uses acetylene cutting equipment
- Assists in the preventative maintenance program as needed or requested
- Moves hazardous materials safely for proper disposal
- Properly builds scaffolding jobs throughout the plant.
- Moves and erects new and used machinery
- Coordinates and performs snow removal as needed.
- Pads equipment for damage reduction on paper products
- Monitors and maintains inventories in the Construction Shop
- Must exercise the roles of a craftsperson identified by the Maintenance Taskforce.
- Moves miscellaneous office furniture and supplies as needed.
- Installs replacement glass where needed throughout the plant.
- Practices and promotes safety and good housekeeping programs
- Must accept a reasonable amount of overtime and emergency work as required.
- Flows to other shops to assist them in whatever is needed to meet customer demand
Required Prior Accomplishments - Experience - Skills
- Class A Construction Journey Person accreditation.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Excellent cabinetry making and rough carpentry skills.
- Ability to follow directions and manage multiple tasks
- Strong working knowledge of industrial safety
- High standard of integrity and professionalism
- Strong communication and problem solving abilities.
- Dependable, organized, cooperative and team oriented
- Conscientious, self-directed and self-disciplined
- Must own and have available for the job, all necessary tools as required by the Department Tool Policy
- Works within a unionized Maintenance department, straight days, subject to overtime and call-ins
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed