- Primary responsibilities include the implementation and evaluation of Appvion’s supply chain activities and procedures, including, but not limited to, production planning, inventory control, rate setting, distribution, transportation, vendor management, and outsourcing.
- Develops advanced analytical tools and reporting to support the supply chain function including, but not limited to strategic initiatives, business metrics, business plans, demand planning, capacity planning to improve overall business metrics while ensuring organizational and process changes are embraced and sustained.
- Lead strategy development, management and continuous improvement initiatives on Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Production Planning, Inventory Optimization, Materials Management, including related metrics.
- Provide innovative, strategic recommendations to manage global transportation and distribution operations and work with internal and external partners to gain approval and implement recommendations.
- Lead efforts in driving key strategic projects related to business plan including the reporting of savings and performance of our transportation and logistics initiatives.
- Develop and enhance transportation models and management reporting tools to facilitate communications with internal stakeholders, managers, vendors and transportation companies.
- Talent development through processes and provide coaching to team members and other supply chain members to enable Supply Chain excellence.
- Drive a culture of teamwork and collaboration with Procurement, Manufacturing/Operations, Quality, Engineering, Commercial/Sales and Finance to ensure performance meets or exceeds customer expectations.
Required Prior Accomplishments - Experience - Skills
- Minimum four year degree in supply chain, business, engineering, operations or a similar technical field required.
- Must have two to four years’ experience in sales forecasting, demand planning along with operational experience.
- Analytical thinker and decision maker: A "conceptualizer" of enterprise and market trends/issues who can then integrate that thinking into marketing and business strategies. Makes insightful, timely decisions in difficult, high complex situations that have broad impact across the company. Quickly and efficiently sorts through data to identify key issues. Anticipates and thinks through the scope and depth of impact of a decision.
- Deep experience in supply chain with emphasis on planning, forecasting, and transportation.
- Extensive influencing and collaboration skills.
- Expertise on leading / driving change.
- Exceptional statistical knowledge analytical modeling and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills working with Microsoft Suites, and working knowledge of ERP process is required.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills along with the ability to communicate results both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work at least 40 hours/week.
- This position is located in Appleton, WI.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed