- Maintain schedules for rewinders that will optimize machine uptime and yield while minimizing change-over waste and WIP.
- Manage WIP and support finished good inventory levels to maintain stock availability goals and days of inventory targets.
- Provide support for planning, customer service, sales and other departments through processes such as customer order changes, bsps, date improvements.
- Daily planning and analysis to manage supply/demand balance, maintaining necessary levels of WIP inventory and helping guide efficient flow of materials.
- Understand customer needs and insure special instructions required from external customers are followed and communicated to internal manufacturing customers, and work with Planning and Customer Service on meeting stock replenishments and special customer requests.
- Monitor customer order patterns and changing requirements, and adjust raw material and finished goods inventory forecasts accordingly. Coordinate inventory additions/deletions, new product introductions, and inventory transitions.
- Work to minimize BSP’s and drive on-time manufacturing and delivery targets.
- Help develop and maintain job SOP’s and procedures.
- Provide daily flow-to-the-work support to department co-workers; cross-train and help fill-in when needed.
- Participate in team objective setting, continuous improvement efforts, action plans and achievement processes.
- Practice daily continuous improvement in all aspects of work, emphasizing problem solving and sharing with others.
Required Prior Accomplishments - Experience - Skills
- High School diploma required. Undergraduate business degree with emphasis on supply chain operations management preferred.
- 1-3 years experience within Supply Chain Planning, Scheduling, Logistics, or Manufacturing.
- Good math and written/verbal pro-active communication skills with all levels in the organization.
- Planning, problem solving, sense of urgency, with ability to engage people in a positive manner while dealing with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated team player, uses sound judgment, is highly organized, persistent, accurate and dependable, and provide clear direction and priorities
- Experience in data gathering and analysis, along with knowledge in software that supports Appvion’s scheduling function, Microsoft Office applications, and Business Intelligence tools preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed