- Strengthen and enhance Appvion’s position in the market by effectively identifying and securing new market and customer opportunities that leverage Appvion’s coating formulation and applications capabilities that meet attractiveness criteria.
- Achieve assigned objectives of volume, product mix, profitability, price/ton and growth for designated territory.
- Deploy strategic initiatives as identified by segment strategic plans.
- Develop a strong customer base within assigned market. Continually look for opportunities to gain share of wallet
- Continuously monitor the markets for insight. Identify market demands/trends and collect and compile this information for purposes of improving sales results and providing input to marketing
- Consistently and accurately manages sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking with guide of Sales Management.
- Identify and communicate emerging technologies, applications and emerging needs of end-use customers to the appropriate business leaders.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Appvion’s capabilities and represent these to current and prospective customers. Match Appvion’s services to customer wants and needs.
- Create and maintain strong and effective networks - in the industry and at multiple levels of the customer’s organization.
- Manage objectives within budget guidelines.
- Constantly educate and reinforce how Appvion’s products and services translate into benefits for customers
- Follow-up on sales leads that come from multiple sources such as inquiries and referrals.
- Operate using a proactive, consultative selling style.
- Make cold calls and independent sales calls.
- Make sales calls on customers and prospects at a frequency that will place Appvion in apposition of preference.
- Prepare and negotiate effective pricing tactics within established guidelines.
- Negotiate non-product elements of the offering (service level, inventory commitments, rebates, lead times, minimums & trims, etc.)
- Effectively work with product marketing, R&D and manufacturing to facilitate an understanding of customer needs.
- Be highly responsive when called upon to address individual needs or opportunities, internally and externally.
- Be recognized within organization as an individual who exemplifies Appvion’s core values.
Required Prior Accomplishments - Experience - Skills
- 8+ years of prior sales and business development experience with increasing responsibility
- Be willing to travel extensively to various markets to support existing business and to develop new business opportunities.
- Exposure and understanding of marketing. Ability to generate, make recommendations and act upon relevant market insight.
- Strong problem solving/issue analysis skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Strong presentation and communication skills are essential. Must be able to motivate and engage others.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team.
- Demonstrated creativity in finding solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or related field is preferred.
- Territory: Southwest U.S. with high concentration in southern California.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed