- To translate research results into manufacturable products through pilot and production scale trials to support new innovations and development initiatives, including packaging/barrier coating technology developments.
- Understand customer needs and translate those needs into functional product designs.
- Identify and implement programs to reduce product and processing costs, while improving product quality.
- Provide manufacturing support on new products and processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve processing issues.
- Recommend and implement new product lines and processes.
- Recommend and implement changes to existing product line and processes.
- Interface with customers to resolve complaints and understand and meet their needs.
- Work with product development professionals to assist in transition from solution development to launch and beyond.
- Provide support to engineering during equipment installation and startup.
- Identify opportunities for product and process improvements.
- Ability to work in paper/coatings lab environment as needed.
Required Prior Accomplishments - Experience - Skills
- BS in chemical or packaging engineering field, Paper Science or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in technology and new product development.
- Ability to apply engineering and scientific principles to resolve problems and make improvements.
- Capable of working in a flexible, often shifting, environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, management team, marketing and production personnel.
- Proven ability to work in a cross functional team environment.
- Business knowledge of cost/benefits analysis, project management, negotiation and strategic and tactical planning.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing environments, processes and procedures.
- Ability to facilitate and drive resolution of complex problems.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed