- Provide instruction and guidance to the scheduling team.
- Develop, mentor and coach the scheduling team.
- Ensure production scheduling requirement needs are met on a day-to-day basis.
- Provide clear direction and motivation provided to the scheduling team in order to achieve short and long term goals.
- Lead scheduling team projects and activities that result in completion of goals and meeting the needs of the business.
- Lead the scheduling team in analyzing internal and external customer requirements to balance supply and demand, trim cutsheets, and develop production schedules for plant resources, communicating with business partners on customer, inventory and production needs.
- Lead the scheduling team to review daily demand and equipment constraints to ensure all customer requirements are planned for in resource schedules to optimize service and manufacturing wheels and capabilities.
- Maintain clear understanding of equipment capabilities and restrictions to help make plan crewing recommendations that will effectively support weekly production needs.
- Develop and maintain SOP's and procedures.
- Coordinate responsible area of WIP inventory management process working closely with manufacturing, sales, marketing R&D, customer service and finance on the disposition and utilization of WIP to meet working capital objectives.
- Provide clear direction to the team and inspire and motivate.
- Facilitate and encourage new creative ideas.
- Acts both as a member and a champion for the scheduling team.
- Mitigate and remove any roadblocks standing in the way of the scheduling team’s success.
- Establish open discussion.
- Facilitate, encourage and support independent thinking.
- Define and clearly state expectations and objectives ensuring all members understand and are aligned.
- Deliver behavioral or performance coaching when necessary.
- Mediate conflict and disagreements quickly and effectively.
- Deliver regular communications to the proper individuals regarding team performance.
- Drives and empowers scheduling team to achieve scorecard results.
- Facilitate growth and development of scheduling team by conducting reviews and giving recognition.
- Lead cross-functional teams and facilitate conflict resolution where appropriate, including management and union employees.
Required Prior Accomplishments - Experience - Skills
- Bachelor's degree in related field (Supply Chain Operations Management) preferred; 5+ years’ experience within supply chain planning, scheduling, logistics or manufacturing.
- Demonstration of excellent leadership, communication, problem solving and organization skills.
- Ability to anticipate issues before they arise.
- Advanced critical thinking skills.
- The ability to make quick and smart decisions under pressure.
- Demonstration of the ability to have crucial conversations.
- Ability to communicate up and down within the organization.
- Proven track record of leading by example.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed