Click column header to sort
Appvion Operations, Inc. is recruiting for a Technical Co-Op for Spring & Summer semesters and Summer & Fall semesters. The Technical Co-Op role is intended to provide students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment and support the student’s career goals. The Technical Co-Op experience allows students the opportunity to integrate knowledge and skills in manners that are mutually beneficial to both the student and Appvion.
The Technical Department is responsible for leading continuous improvement projects and initiatives in the areas of safety, quality, new business development, cost reduction and process improvements at the Spring Mill. The Technical Co-Op is responsible for completing and/or supporting a variety of process related safety, quality and cost reduction projects and activities. This can include participating in Lean Manufacturing initiatives and/or Six Sigma projects. Technical Co-Ops are expected to work for two consecutive semesters at the Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania facility.
Appvion is seeking an Intern to support projects in the marketing and product management functions of the Carbonless & Specialty Papers business unit startin in Spring 2020. The intern will assist the marketing team by participating on projects to help meet the information needs of the organization. The types of activities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support product development projects
- Conduct secondary research using the Internet and other sources
- Support competitor and customer insight projects
- Monitor industry publications and Appvion websites
- Responsible for Appvion fulfillment processing
- Conduct telephone interviews
- Complete data entry
- Update and maintain databases
- Create and/or update PowerPoint presentations
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide welding services to support the Appleton Plant Manufacturing location
- Read blueprints to fabricate new parts and repair damaged items
- Act as a positive role model and team member representing Maintenance in the Plant
Please note – this job is reposted (originally posted on 4/30/19) with revised qualifications.
Effectively manage financial controls and reporting, internal and external. Effectively review and correct inventory transactions. Work with accounts payable and storeroom to ensure integrity in financial reporting.
Appvion is currently seeking out motivated students to join their Research and Development (R&D) Co-op program in the Quality and Tech Services area. This is a paid co-op position that is being offered to students in the Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Paper Science or other related science and engineering programs. Typical hours range from 40 to 50 hours per week, with overtime pay beyond 40 hours. R&D co-ops will work on specific projects in conjunction with the scientists leading the project; at times working collaboratively and at times independently.
Appvion takes pride in helping co-ops build a strong resume. We try to match the co-op student's interest with the projects that are available. We provide projects with a high level of responsibility and have an impact on our bottom line. Each co-op is assigned a mentor to help guide the student through the process of learning and contributing. Mentors will conduct regular 1-on-1 reviews to promote open communication and to provide constructive feedback. Exceptional co-op students have the potential for full time employment with Appvion upon graduation. Our culture encourages having fun at work!
Just a few of the typical duties include:
- Process capability analysis and associated data collecting
- Optimization of processes through data analysis and experimentation
- Assisting scientists and/or process engineers with troubleshooting.
- Writing summary reports of activities and findings.
- Testing products
- A few of the current projects include:
- Processing Variability Reduction
- New product developments/Product Line Extensions
- Troublehshooting process and product quality issues
Appvion is looking to hire student co-ops for the 2020 calendar year at its Appleton, Wisconsin converting facility – Appleton Plant. This is a paid co-op position that is being offered to students in the Paper Science Engineering, Bio-based Products Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or other engineering programs.
Appleton Plant takes pride in helping co-ops build a strong resume. We try to match the co-op student's interest with the projects that are available. We provide projects with a high level of responsibility and have an impact on our bottom line. Co-op students work with cutting edge paper coating formulation chemistry and technology, high speed production equipment, and have access to Engineering and R&D resources. Exceptional co-op students have the potential for full time employment with Appvion upon graduation. Mentors will conduct regular 1-on-1 reviews to promote open communication and to provide constructive feedback. Our culture encourages having fun at work!
- Appleton Plant co-ops are actively involved in the day-to-day operations of an off machine coating and converting facility as a process engineer.
- You will work directly with and be mentored by experienced process engineers in the manufacturing plant.
- Co-op students are expected to posses a high level of motivation, initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Participation in project work, daily duties, production meetings, and trials are expected.
- The standard work week is 40 to 50 hours. It is common for co-ops to work some late days, nights, and/or weekends. We have a 24 hour and seven day per week operation.
The deadline to apply for this posting is September 6, 2019 at 11:59PM
The hourly union production positions are located at our Appleton, Wisconsin facility. The positions available are for production work and may be in any area of our operation. We are interested in candidates who are committed to working safely, willing to work a variety of hours, and have an ability to work as part of a team.
Appvion is seeking 3 qualified applicants to fill Infrastructure Analyst roles at various levels: senior, mid-level and junior. Experience and education background will determine level of placement.
Supports infrastructure consisting of Windows Servers, Active Directory, VMware and Managed Private Cloud Services. These systems are used to run the various computer applications on which our company's operations depend.
- Support Microsoft Windows Servers and Desktops in a Virtual Environment.
- Working with vendor to insure Backup and Disaster Recovery policies are followed.
- Provide performance management analysis, guidance and tuning.
- Insure 24x7 availability of all systems by providing support for technologies such as:
- Vsphere, Vmware View, Nutanix
- Active Directory
- Server Life Cycle Management, deployment process development and Configuration Management
- SCCM, SCEP, SCOM and Server Patching
- Citrix, Exchange, O365 cloud infrastructure a plus
- Safely provide Millwright services to perform scheduled maintenance and emerency repairs to industrial and manufacturing machinery and equipment
- Use preventative and predictive maintenance techniques to maintain machinery and equipment health
- Effectively troubleshoot and solve equipment issues while working with cross functional teams (Operations, Engineering, Maintenance and Contractors)
- Act as a positive role modeland team memeber represneting Maintenance in the Plant
- Provide direction and supervision in a union environment to meet the maintenance and support requirements of all areas of the mill in a safe, timely, efficient and quality manner.
- Supervise multi-craft personnel in the pulp & paper areas.
- Position does require the individual to be part of a duty coverage team rotation which requires weekend and on-call coverage.
- Manage all Utilities department resources in alignment with Appvion’s Strategic Objectives and Core Values.
- Develop and implement plans that maximize results of the Utilities department.
- Ensure equipment reliability and uptime are maximized to support the mill operations.
- Provide a safe environment for all employees and deliver safety performance results.
- Prioritize work orders, manage backlog, and coordinate activities between Production and Maintenance.
- To translate research results into manufacturable products through pilot and production scale trials to support new innovations and development initiatives, including packaging/barrier coating technology developments.
- Understand customer needs and translate those needs into functional product designs.
- Identify and implement programs to reduce product and processing costs, while improving product quality.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on production related equipment to ensure proper and safe operation of all production systems
- Install new electrical control systems and maintain existing control systems
- Provide Millwright and Pipefitter services to perform scheduled maintenance and emergency repairs to industrial/Pulp & Paper-manufacturing machinery and equipment in a safe manner.
- Use preventative and predictive maintenance techniques to maintain machinery and equipment health.
- Effectively troubleshoot and solve equipment issues while working with cross functional teams (Operations, Engineering, & Maintenance).
- Act as a positive role model and team member representing Maintenance in the Plant.
- The successful candidate must complete the obligations defined in the multi-craft Apprenticeship program, including a significant obligation of completing the required home study course work.