- To develop and implement new manufacturing processes, using leading edge technology, to support new innovations and development initiatives.
- Understand customer needs and translate those needs into functional product designs.
- Identify and implement programs to reduce manufacturing costs and improve processes and quality.
Appvion is seeking an intern to support projects in the marketing and product management functions of the Carbonless & Specialty Papers business unit. The intern will assist the marketing team by participating on projects to help meet the information needs of the organization. The types of activities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support product development projects
- Conduct secondary research using the Internet and other sources
- Support competitor and customer insight projects
- Monitor industry publications and Appvion websites
- Responsible for Appvion fulfillment processing
- Conduct telephone interviews
- Complete data entry
- Update and maintain databases
- Create and/or update PowerPoint presentations
- Other duties as assigned
- Support other business functions as necessary (i.e. customer service support)
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on production related equipment to ensure proper and safe operation of all production systems
- Install new electrical control systems and maintain existing control systems
- Develop, implement and sustain proactive environmental, health and safety strategies and processes to directly impact the elimination of work-related injuries/incidents, minimize risk, maintain regulatory compliance, and reduce losses.
- Provide leadership and direction to mill population to ensure continuity of established practices and transformation of safety culture.
- Coordinate the Mill environmental and safety efforts to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, company policies and procedures.
- The Paper Machine Superintendent has the overall responsibility of the paper machine as it relates to the safe and efficient production of specialty papers. The individual is responsible for safety, productivity, quality, cost, and reliability. The position reports to the Production Manager.
- Identify and implement processes/systems to reduce cost and to improve quality and safety.
- Understand customer needs and translate them into functional designs and high value-added new products.
- Develop and implement new manufacturing processes, using leading edge technology, to support customer driven applied innovations.
Appvion is looking for a Safety Intern for the summer semester at their pulp and paper manufacturing facility in Roaring Spring, PA. The Safety Intern will be responsible for assisting the Safety Department in all aspects of Appvion’s Safety Program. The successful candidate will assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of safety and health programs, systems and procedures.
The Safety internship is intended to provide students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment and support the student’s career goals. The Safety internship experience allows students the opportunity to integrate knowledge and skills in manners that are mutually beneficial to both the student and Appvion.
Appvion Operations, Inc. is recruiting for a Technical Co-Op for Spring & Summer semesters and Summer & Fall semesters. The Technical Co-Op role is intended to provide students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment and support the student’s career goals. The Technical Co-Op experience allows students the opportunity to integrate knowledge and skills in manners that are mutually beneficial to both the student and Appvion.
The Technical Department is responsible for leading continuous improvement projects and initiatives in the areas of safety, quality, new business development, cost reduction and process improvements at the Spring Mill. The Technical Co-Op is responsible for completing and/or supporting a variety of process related safety, quality and cost reduction projects and activities. This can include participating in Lean Manufacturing initiatives and/or Six Sigma projects. Technical Co-Ops are expected to work for two consecutive semesters at the Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania facility.
- Provide Millwright and Pipefitter services to perform scheduled maintenance and emergency repairs to industrial/Pulp & Paper-manufacturing machinery and equipment in a safe manner.
- Use preventative and predictive maintenance techniques to maintain machinery and equipment health.
- Effectively troubleshoot and solve equipment issues while working with cross functional teams (Operations, Engineering, & Maintenance).
- Act as a positive role model and team member representing Maintenance in the Plant.
- The successful candidate must complete the obligations defined in the multi-craft Apprenticeship program, including a significant obligation of completing the required home study course work.